Another fun week in the MWC. UNLV looks to be back to itself old self, while Colorado State finally had the rushing attack people thought. Who is the real New Mexico?
1.#8 (5-0) A solid 20 point win over Utah State, but the national media did not think that was good enough, as the Cougs drop one spot in each poll.
2. #13 (6-0) The Utes become bowl eligible by defeating Oregon State in a game that went down to the wire. So, will the Ute offense ever play a complete game.
3.(5-1) TCU came back with a force by crushing San Diego State with their back up quarterback and are just on the outside of the top 25.
4. (3-3) New Mexico had a big game against Wyoming on both sides of the ball.
5. (3-3) Special teams and sloppy play caused the Falcons to lose out on the Commander in Chief Trophy
6. (3-2) The Rams had a breakout running game with Gatrell Johnson III. This game could be a springboard for the Rams.
7 (3-3) 0-2 in league play puts the Rebels behind the eight ball in the bowl pecking order. UNLV still needs at least 2 more wins to save Mike Sanford’s job.
8 (1-4) The Aztecs were terrible against TCU, and their loan good player Ryan Lindley was terrible.
9. (2-4) Wyoming was shutout for the second time this season.
Filed under: Air Force, BYU, college football, Colorado State, Gatrell Johnson III, Mike Sanford, Mountain West Conference, mountain west football, ncaa, San Diego State, sports, TCU, Uncategorized, University Of Utah, University of Wyoming, UNLV |